School Nutrition Services

School Nutrition Services    

We hope the information you find here will be helpful and informative to you and your family. If you have any questions or concerns about our School Nutrition Program, you may contact:                                                   

 Dewana Faison
    Wayne County Schools 
 Nutrition Director 
     by calling 

The School Nutrition Program strives to provide nutritionally adequate, moderately priced meals to enable students to take full advantage of the educational process. Our School Nutrition Employees make the program work on a daily basis and they are dedicated to the health and well being of all students.

Students may choose from a wide selection of food items. Nutritious supplemental items such as extra milk, and menu items or snacks are also available for purchase by children who desire to purchase additional foods with their meal.

To apply for a free or reduced price meal, parents must complete an application which is sent home to all parents on the first day of school each year.  Families whose income falls below federal eligibility guidelines are approved for free or reduced price meals. New applications must be completed for each household at the beginning of each new school year, unless you receive a letter by mail from the Wayne County School Districts School Nutrition Program that you are not required to do so because of conditions that pre-qualify your children. If you receive such a letter from the School Nutrition Office, please be sure to read it carefully and follow all directions included with the letter. Contact the School Nutrition Office if you have any questions you may need answers to in reference to the letter. It is very important that we have all the correct information on your child or children that are listed on the letter, such as correct name, school, grade, etc. Please read all letters carefully and check to make sure you receive a letter or letters with the names of all children residing in your home who are enrolled in Wayne County Public Schools. If any children's names are omitted you will need to notify us as soon as possible to see what actions need to be taken.

A new application may also be completed at any time during the school year if your income or family status changes. Applications may be obtained from any school office or cafeteria.

You will receive a letter by mail after your application is processed by the School Nutrition Program informing you whether your application was approved or denied. If approved, it will list your child's name showing their meal status as either free or reduced. 

Questions pertaining to meal applications may be directed to:

Wayne County Public Schools
School Nutrition Program
1601-A Salem Church Rd.
Goldsboro, NC   27530

Attention:  Debra Laughlin  

Phone:  (919) 705-6145
Toll Free: (877) 377-0014
Fax:  (919) 731-5959
In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

(1)      mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
                   Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
                   1400 Independence Avenue, SW
                   Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;

(2)      fax: (202) 690-7442; or

(3)      email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.

Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2018 West Corporation. All rights reserved.